Tuesday, November 23, 2010

just follow lah

Some people are just so goddamn disciplined that they actually draw up a timetable for their daily routine and follow them to the tee;

10 a.m. Wake up and freshen up

10.30 a.m. Shower and take brunch

11.30 p.m. Mug

6.30 p.m. Dinner (ohm nom nom nom…)

7.30 p.m. Continue Mugging

2 a.m. ZZZZ

Oh my goodness, I feel so stressed out just looking at my schedule which I need to adhere till the end of my final examinations. It makes me think of another thing. Do these people really follow a very strict schedule, and if they do, is it really that fun? Does that make that person a control freak? One thing for sure, they’re not cut out to be an undergrad student! Why? Simply because the one single secret to an undergrad student's success is… no, not dedication, not passion, not intelligence (although having all those would be very helpful)… it’s procrastination, and procrastination stems from not having a strict schedule to adhere by, but rather pushing everything to the very last minute. I personally feel that the added pressure makes us feel like we’re alive.

I’ve never been able to keep to any given timetables and I vividly remember teachers always making us draw one out when we were still in school. I hated trying to draw one out, and even more when I had to keep to them. I’d put in time for homework, revisions, nap and playtime but I can never nap on command and playtime mysteriously drags on much longer than it’s supposed to, and when mom would confront me with my timetable telling me that it’s eating into my homework and revision time, I’d be so grumpy and since all my energy went to sulking, I didn’t get my homework done! Such was the disaster with me trying to stick to a timetable. It was a recurring theme at the start of every academic year and it’ll take me a few days to work up a timetable and another few before I trash those suckers. Absolutely detested those things… and I still do, which explains why I’m still procrastinating now, even though I have to put together a presentation for tomorrow.

Perhaps I need to consult these people and get an advice or two on how to be a little more disciplined. Let me draw up a schedule to see when I can fit that in… oh wait, I think I need to draw up a schedule to see when I can draw up a schedule for that meeting. Oh my god, I’m stressed out all over again. I think I’m going to lie down for a while…

2 comments:

ChongX said...

dont emo la. haha

Lawrence said...

Easy. We go to study room in hall 11 and mug from 10 pm to 2 am (without facebook beside). haha.