Sunday, November 21, 2010

not so real

Being bored in the library this afternoon, I decided to find out what is my RealAge. I was trying to answer all of the questions but after every page, the questions became harder and harder. I mean, do I really need to know what my LDL and HDL levels are, or the composition of the multivitamins that I pop religiously, or how many servings of fish, or grains, or vegetables I eat weekly? Anyway, I try to answer them the best I could and the results show that my real age is actually three years younger than my actual age. Not bad, not bad.

Then the vainpot in me decided that I really do need to feel and look younger than that. So I went through the list of things that I've answered which would contribute to me looking old. Topping the list was the frequency with which I floss my teeth. Hmm, really? Does it really matter that much that I don't floss my teeth everyday? Every other day is not good enough? As it is I already think that's overkill, but not having any dental insurance, I started getting paranoid and had only recently picked up the habit of flossing.

The rest on the list made more sense (but I do wonder why these don't top the list); eating more greens and grains and fibre... you get the drift. So what's your real age?

No comments: