Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ring ring

My handphone rang at an ungodly hour this morning and woke me up from my slumber. Still half awake, I half-blindedly groped for the phone, all the time cursing my own stupidity for not turning off my handphone when I went to bed yesterday. Checked for the identity of the caller; PRIVATE… and I knew it was someone from home calling.

Me: Hello *yawn*
Mom: Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? What are you doing?
Me: Sleeping…
Mom: Huh… sleeping still ar? Wake up lor...

Me: Mummy… it’s 8 a.m. I want to go back to sleep.
Sister: *chiming in* No, wake up, wake up. Go wash up and you’ll be awake. Mom wants to do the teleconferencing online.
Me: Ugh… fine, fine. Gimme a minute and I’ll get online.

Minutes later, I got online and beamed my panda-eyed, hurricane-devastated-hair, sleepy face to all at home via Skype. Goes without saying that I don’t look quite presentable… in fact, I think a stranger would think they saw a zombie.

Anyway, finally got me online and Mom was very excited, asking me how things are, how the weather is and etc. Throughout the conversation, there were deliberate yawns from me, trying to drop a hint to Mom. She was of course quite a sly fox herself and pretended not to hear my yawns. Few minutes into the conversation (with me already made myself some breakfast and ate them), I were dismissed. Ahh… Mom, you got to love her.