Sunday, January 9, 2011

HAHAHA

I can write humorously (or at least I think I can) but, humour was never my thing. I get jokes really slow. Almost about half a minute after the punchline. I would look at everyone in a puzzled manner, trying to understand why the heck are they guffawing like choking goats on their own cud, and then just when the laughs die down, I suddenly get the joke. And it would be so funny because I realised how stupid I was for not getting it, and how everyone laughed so hard but me. So I burst out laughing like a dying goat of some choking disease and everyone gives me the stare.

Hmph. "What's so funny?" they asked. "The - hahaha - the - hahaha - joke!" The crowd stared harder and begin to dissipate. And I would be left (watch the alliteration!) all alone laughing like a lunatic.

It was fun no doubt. Something I would laugh like a lunatic in old age when I look back on the day. "Remember the time," I would tell my friends who were wrinkle than me. I say, stroking my still-black-hair in my 60s. Showing off to the others whose hair has turned grey and wimpy. "Remember?" then I would laugh and regale them with my youth and our silliness.

Oh well. I'm just writing because I haven't been for a long time. It's nonsense, really. Good night anyhow.

No comments: